prime considerazioni dopo la fine della terapia

Raccontate qui le vostre esperienze di malattia, diagnosi e cura relative alla malattia di Lyme ed alle coinfezioni.

Moderatore: unavitadamediano

unavitadamediano

prime considerazioni dopo la fine della terapia

Messaggioda unavitadamediano » 23/04/2014, 21:28

Bene,

la terapia di 21 flebo di Ceftriaxione è finita da 6 giorni.
Io non mi sento per niente in forze. Mi sento debole, dolori al ventre,
sete a mille di giorno e di notte, dolori cervicali...
Che sarà? Stress ossidativo, reazione di Jarish-Herxheimer?
Fatto sta che attendo con ansia la visita dell'endocrinologo perchè
credo che gli ormoni non siano a posto.
Naturalmente non troverà nulla, perchè noi siamo malati particolari
e non ci trovano quasi mai nulla!
Intanto vi posto l'email di Alison che mi scrive che ha letto un libro che spiega come
la Lyme vada a interferire con il sistema endocrino:

Hi Marco,

In answer to your question, most of what I've learnt has been through my own research via the Internet and various written sources. Sadly, I have found that most doctors with the exception of an enlightened few, do not seem terribly well versed when it comes down to it and whilst they are of course aware of Addisons (and at the other end of the scale Cushing's Disease), anything in between does not seem to exist as far as they are concerned. You can imagine the reaction if you mention Adrenals in connection with Lyme!

There is quite a bit of useful information around if you're able to find the time to research some of it. As to how Lyme affects the Adrenals etc, there is a useful section in Dr. Kenneth Singleton's book, "The Lyme Disease Solution" where he describes the effects that Lyme has on the whole Endocrine System. I found the whole book well written and relatively easy to understand given the complexity of the subject. Unfortunately, most of the treatment regimes/tests he recommends are not available to us here in the UK, but I found the book useful nonetheless for reference purposes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alison

Torna a “ESPERIENZE”